Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The saddest moment in Australian soap ?

Home and Away is apparently 20 years old this year.

Sadly, my regime means I haven't watched it for at least 10 of those years. In fact Alf Stewart is one of the few characters recogniseable to me today.

I did however watch it for a spell around the early 1990's- most regularly at boarding school.

This scene wasn't treated very sympathetically by a large group of adolescent boys when it was aired on British TV around 1992. I do however think it must count as one of the most poignant moments from all Australian soaps. There's a claim !

The background is one of Meg loosing her battle to leaukaemia. She wants to watch the sun rise over Summer Bay one last time.

Maybe you had to follow the story but it still seems a bit of tear jerker to me........



No comments: