Friday, October 27, 2006

Namaste.....

We are off for a weekend of (hopefully) peace and tranquility in the Lake District.

I will try and leave on a positive note, sharing these simple words interpreting the Sanskrit word "Namaste". Here is the interpretation given by the late inspirational writer Leo Buscaglia.

"I honour the place in you where the entire universe resides. I honour the place in you, where lies your love, your light, your truth and your beauty. I honour the place in you, where...if you are in that place in you ... and I am in that place in me...then there is only one of us".

Leo Buscaglia

At its simplest Namaste means "I bow to the divine in you". If practiced world peace would surely be the result............You don't have to be a buddhist or Hindu to understand that. I am neither but find these words quite moving.

Good weekend all.

No comments: